My wife and I like to watch a lot of cooking shows on the Food Network and the Travel Channel to see what looks good that we can try at home. Naturally, we think we are mega-badasses after watching these shows because the pros make it look so easy. Well, we had a date day scheduled and decided to make it a cooking day for gourmet food. Here was the menu:
- Appetizer 1: Zucchini butter on whole wheat crackers.
- Appetizer 2: Fried calamari with a rustic tomato dipping sauce and a pepperoncini aioli.
- Soup course: Lobster bisque.
- Main Course: Baked whole red snapper with lemon and rosemary. Served with handmade linguine, burst cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and Parmesan.
- 2013 Chateau Ste. Michelle Sauvignon Blanc
- 2014 19 Crimes Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2014 Chloe Pinot Grigio
Alcohol by Vol.: 13%
(Price can vary on state, taxes, the store’s mark-up, and if you already knew that lobsters were very closely related to insects.)