2019 Wine Holiday Guide
Well, it’s 2019 and it’s about time to start the Wine Holiday season…and by season, I mean the series of holidays that runs from February through December. There are a ton of these events throughout the year, so I decided to just drop them all into a quick blog post so you can mark them on your calendar! Also, check the end of the article for a helpful infographic that you can download!
- Nothing. 🙁
- 18th: Drink Wine Day
- Isn’t this everyday?
- 23rd: Open That Bottle Night.
- This is a chance for you to bust into that bottle you’ve been hoarding for a while. I know it’s like ending a long-term relationship, but I promise you’ll get over it quickly.
- 3rd: National Mulled Wine Day
- Because nothing says that it’s almost spring like warm wine and spices.
- 17th: World Malbec Day
- Not gonna lie, I’m totally looking forward to being able to celebrate this earthy wonder.
- Whole Month: Oregon Wine Month
- Plenty of time to celebrate my favorite state for Pinot Noir.
- 3rd: International Sauvignon Blanc Day
- Also known as everyday to my wife.
- 9th: World Moscato Day
- I’m sure that this is my sister-in-law’s favorite time of the year.
- 23rd: Internationnal Chardonnay Day
- Oaked, unoaked, New World, Old World… it doesn’t matter. Just grab and bottle and have fun!
- 24th: Judgement of Paris Rememberance
- A day to reflect upon the time back in 1976 where Cali dropped some bombs on the wine world. Never forget. ‘Merica!
- 25th: National Wine Day
- Because two days to party in the same week was not enough.
- Whole Month: Ohio & Idaho Wine month
- I feel like there should be a joke in here about corn and potato wine, but that would just be in poor taste.
- 8th: National Rosé Day
- Probably because most kids are out of school and the parents need to chill.
- 21st: International Lambrusco Day
- Also know as, “I’m going to have a hangover on my birthday Day.”
Literally nothing I can find in July. Instead, I’m going to make one up…
- 13th: Drink Wine while Tubing (“Toobing”) on the River Day
- Mainly because this is what I’ll be doing this day anyway.
- Whole Month: Washington Wine Month
- So many varietals, so little time…
- 1st-5th: International Albariño Days
- Good for Albariño! This is a frequently over-looked wine that deserves some time in the spotlight.
- 4th: National White Wine Day
- Kill two birds with one stone and have a bottle of Albariño!
- 14th: International Rosé Day
- Because the kids are almost back in school and parents need to mourn.
- 18th: National Pinot Noir Day
- Set a goal and explore up each coast for this day. Just don’t explore TOO much.
- 29th: International Cabernet Day
- Next to Christmas, I’m pretty sure that this is the most wonderful time of the year.
- Whole Month: California, North Carolina, Illinois, and Missouri Wine Months
- If this month was a Marvel Comic, then this team would be the Fantastic Pour… amiright? (I’ll see myself out…)
- 20th: International Grenache Day
- This is a fun day to explore the different regions and preparations of this beautiful beast of a grape.
- Whole Month: Texas, Pennsylvania, and Virginia Wine Months
- The greatest nation on Earth… and two other states.
- 11th-17th: Drink Local Wine Week
- Not sure if this means made near me or if it means drink close to my location…
- 12th: International Pinotage Day
- It takes a long time to get from South Africa. This holiday actually left in March.
- 18th: International Champagne Day
- Bust open a bottle of bubbly. Make grab your Chambong while you’re at it!
- 7th: International Merlot Day
- Also known as “Watch Social Media For All the Sideways Memes Day.”
- 12th: Wine Tourism Day & International Tempranillo Day
- Goal: Visit Spain… maybe tell the wife I’m going…
- 14th: International Tempranillo Day
- Continuation of Goal: Drink Tempranillo at a Spanish Winery…definitely don’t tell wife.
- 20th: National Zinfandel Day
- Red, Rosé, Primitivo… no worries. It’s all good!
- 21th: International Beaujolais Nouveau Day
- So fresh, so clean, I popped that cork like there was no aging…
- 24th: International Carménère Day
- What? Two Merlot Days in one mon… Oh. That’s right… it’s not F#*(ing Merlot!
- 4th: Cabernet Franc Day
- A time to celebrate the daddy of one of the most popular wines! (Or is it the Mommy?)
- 5th: Repeal of Prohibition Remembrance Day
- Let’s be honest… if you celebrate this day then you won’t remember it.
- 20th: National Sangria Day
- This! This what happens when people drink all year and then try to cram holidays in before New Years!
- 31st: National Champagne Day
- No better way to celebrate the end of the wine holiday season!
- 1st: National Hangover Day
- T-minus 6(ish) weeks until the Wine Holiday Season starts again. Liver Detox COMMENCE!